This web-based training, Understanding
the ABE Student, will assist you in obtaining the knowledge
and skills that will enhance the learning experience for your students,
- Unique characteristics of adult
- Basic learning theory that impacts
how students learn best in your classroom
- Learning and teaching styles and
how they need to complement each other for student success
- Building a world class program through
establishing a climate of trust and understanding
How Do I Begin?
To complete this web-based training,
you will need to:
- Review the section on Inservice
Points and the requirements necessary to obtain your inservice
- Login - This is required if you
are planning to receive inservice points. If you do not wish to
receive inservice points, or if you are a visitor from another
state, please login as a guest.
- Complete the pretest.
- Work through each component of
Understanding the ABE Student completing the activities when noted.
You will be provided with additional files and information that
will be helpful to you. Make sure that you have a manila folder
handy in which to save these items.
- Complete the post test and evaluation.
Your answers will be sent to the Department of Education and your
certificate of completion will be forwarded to you from there.
The evaluation of Understanding the ABE Student is a required
part of the inservice documentation.